What's new: Well, I fell down the stairs last Thursday, landing on top of a gift I was carrying. I wasn't able to put my hands down to stop the fall because I had bags looped around my wrists, so I landed baby-side down, and scraped up my right shin quite badly. I ended up in the hospital for monitoring and thankfully all is well.
I went to my regularly scheduled OBGYN appointment today. Dr.H. was away, so I saw another OBGYN he recommended. Dr.S. was very chatty and nice. He acknowledge the craziness of my journey, and brought up the whole high risk pregnancy thingy(a label I've been hoping to ignore). We now have another 3 regular ultrasounds booked to monitor Baby F. He has some concerns about the selective reduction causing damage to Baby's placenta. Bring on the worry.
On the nursery front, we're making much progress. In Canada we added some of the pink accents, a picture ledge and a rocking chair, while down in the U.S. we've painted, ripped out shelving in the closet and the carpet in the entire room. On Thursday, we're having new carpet installed in not only the nursery, but in our room as well. At this point we'll be able to put together the crib and all the furniture from our Ikea shopping spree.
Finally, we've been so blessed to have so many offers to host baby showers for us. First up, this upcoming Monday, my co-workers are throwing a tandem shower for me and another girl who's pregnant. Next, our American shower, hosted by my mother-in-law,is on July 6th, and my Canadian shower, hosted by my sister and good friend, Lacey, is scheduled for July 10th. Many thanks for honouring us and our baby!
How far along: 28 weeks
Weight gain: 2 lbs
Blood Pressure: "Bang-on"
75g Load Diabetes Test: "Passed with flying colours"
Baby's Heartbeat: "Perfection"
Maternity clothes: Yes, but happily wearing a number of pre-pregnancy clothes
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Normal, normal, normal.
Movement: All the time. She's most active between 1am-3am, 4pm-5pm, 8pm-10pm
Cravings: Nothing in particular right now, maybe eggs.
Driving me crazy: Nothing really. Although the acne is still present, it's not as bad as it has been.
Names we have in mind: Our list keeps getting longer instead of shorter. Adrianna, Leah, Natalie are some of the others tossed around. We found a unique name we both like, but we're going to keep it to ourselves for the time being. If we go with this name, her middle name will likely be Katherine.
What I miss: It would be really nice to enjoy a nice glass of wine once in awhile
What I'm looking forward to: We booked a 3D ultrasound for this Sunday. Although we're nervous, we're also thrilled we'll be able to see her sweet, sweet face.
Tiramisu
1 day ago





No comments:
Post a Comment