Baby #2

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

As it turns out...

I'm pregnant. And, though it was planned, it was a surprise. Because of the emotional toll of our last pregnancy, and because of the type of infertility I'd been diagnosis with, we decided to pursue alternative methods in hopes of conceiving. We were hopeful, but doubt was certainly present. October 11th - the day my next cycle was to begin - rolled around, and nothing. October 12 - nothing. So, when I woke at 5am on Saturday the 13th, I secretly took a test. When I saw the double line, I broke into a sweat, and called for Cy. He obviously heard the waiver in my voice, because he came quickly, carrying Ally (who had been crying) in his arms. When I handed him the test, his response was, "What does this mean?" I thought to myself, it's 5 in the morning, does he really think I'm handing him a negative pregnancy test? Because I hadn't mentioned my period was late, he had no idea. We snapped some pics of Ally holding the test and asked her if she wanted to be a big sister (no, was her response).

Since that day, we've been for numerous blood tests and 3 ultrasounds. At one point while the doctor was performing a doppler, he couldn't find a heartbeat. He tried for 15 minutes with no luck. I was sent for an emergency ultrasound, and thankfully Baby's heartbeat was found immediately.

For the first time during this pregnancy here are my stats:

How far along: 14 weeks 2 days

Weight gain: In the last 3.5 months, I've gained 6 pounds. I'm now at the weight I was when I got pregnant with Ally and the twins.

Blood Pressure: "Perfect"

Baby's Heartbeat: 156 bpm

Maternity clothes: Most of my regulars still fit, with the exception of the new clothes I bought just prior to becoming pregnant. In fact, the regular clothes I wore before I was pregnant with Ally are still slightly big on me. I have been wearing maternity clothes because they better hide my little bump.

Stretch marks: Nope

Sleep: I sleep well, but wake in the middle of the night and often have difficulty falling back to sleep.

Morning sickness: I had a good 6 week of no energy and nausea. I had started to feel better, but again am feeling nauseous.

Movement: Feeling some faint flutters at night.

Cravings: Nothing.

Driving me crazy: Not being able to nap whenever I want

We think it's...a boy

Names we have in mind: Boy: Jackson, Hudson, Max  Girl: Gracie

What I miss: wine and wearing my size 4 clothes I had worked so hard to fit into after having Ally.

What I'm looking forward to: Feeling well again and, of course, finding out what we're having.

2 comments: