Baby #2

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

20 Weeks

We had our detailed ultrasound on Tuesday, and I was a mess. Of the 7 ultrasounds I've had, 0 of them gave us good news. In fact, the news we received at those appointments was shocking and heartbreaking.

I cried in the waiting room and then for the first 10 minutes I was on the table. The sonographer was very sympathetic, and acknowledge how difficult it must be for me considering the loss of my twins. She assured me this was a happy day, and slowly I came around. I didn't look at the screen throughout the medical examination; it was only when Cyballs was invited into the room that I finally had the courage to look (and only because the sonographer assured me that I wouldn't recognize anything that would indicate my twins).

When I first arrive, our little muffin was sleeping, but was soon awake, happily swimming around, showing us his/her hands, stretching his/her legs and turning his/her head to face the "camera", as if to say "hey mom and dad, how's it going?" And the best part? Seeing our Cruncher's precious heart beating away. Nothing compares. Nothing.

Of course the sonographer can't tell us anything because the radiologist has to write the official report, so we're still on edge. However, she did share baby's stats: measuring 1 day ahead of schedule at 20w1d with a heart rate of 143. As for the sex, she said she took pictures of the area in question, but it's up to the radiologist to include it in the report (yes, we requested to know). So, we're not-so-patiently waiting for the report to reach Dr. Hunt.

We're off to Palm Springs tomorrow, so I'll post pictures of our love when we return next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment